Re: Unnecessary verbiage that wastes my time

On Fri, Aug 7, 2020 at 06:58 PM, Sharni-Lee Ward wrote:
. . . Discord server or something by now, though? Email lists are a bit old-school at this point.
1.  Groups.io has a full web interface and can be accessed as an online forum, which is precisely what I do.  Those who prefer e-mail have that option, and based on the number of groups on the site, and how quickly it grew, "old school" still has a lot of fans.

2.  With regard to Discord, and this is coming from a tech geek, mind you, remember the sage observation of Bill Gray:  "A lot of what appears to be progress is just so much technological rococo."   I've never seen the attraction after my brief interactions with it.  Others, of course, feel differently.

          ~ Oscar Wilde