Re: Unnecessary verbiage that wastes my time

Sharni-Lee Ward

Perhaps it's a "me" thing. I find email responses much slower on the whole, which is why I tried to turn to skype groups a while back for more prompt assistance. I would personally prefer a more realtime interaction rather than waiting hours for a response that might not be entirely helpful.

I will admit, however, that many of you are not as young (twenty-nine) as me, nor do many of you have as much free time. And perhaps I'm just impatient when I want a problem solved and should work on that rather than demand an entire group change how they do things for my own convenience.

On 8/08/2020 10:02 am, Luke Davis wrote:
I completely agree with Brian.

For me, it's far easier to write a well worded and detailed email, with considered steps to solve problems that people can refer back to and follow, than to have to get involved with an audio service where you have to be much more real-time.

Anyone is free to create anything they want for interaction about NVDA, but I wonder if getting the really experienced technical people to engage with it is likely.  Personally, I just don't have time for that kind of headache.

Luke

 On Fri, 7 Aug 2020, Brian Vogel wrote:

On Fri, Aug 7, 2020 at 06:58 PM, Sharni-Lee Ward wrote:
      . . . Discord server or something by now, though? Email lists are a bit old-school at this point.

1.  Groups.io has a full web interface and can be accessed as an online forum, which is precisely what I do.  Those who prefer e-mail have that option, and
based on the number of groups on the site, and how quickly it grew, "old school" still has a lot of fans.2.  With regard to Discord, and this is coming from
a tech geek, mind you, remember the sage observation of Bill Gray:  "A lot of what appears to be progress is just so much technological rococo."   I've
never seen the attraction after my brief interactions with it. Others, of course, feel differently. --