From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Amir
Sent: Saturday, August 8, 2020 12:01 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Helping to make an Edge/Chrome RSS reader accessible

Greetings,

If you are into RSS feeds and feed subscriptions, you most likely know that Windows suffers from a paucity of accessible RSS readers. Internet Explorer offers an accessible RSS reader, but accessing articles in IE is quite problematic these days given the age of the browser itself.
Thunderbird offers a good one, but it doesn't work the way a standard reader should operate in many ways. So I decided to see if I can find a good and stand-alone, I mean service/subscription-independent, RSS extension for MS Edge Chromium/Google Chrome as they have become quite popular. I tested a few readers but landed upon Smart RSS which, despite its accessibility shortcomings, sounds more promising:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/smart-rss/eggggihfcaabljfpjiiaohloefmgejic?hl=en
<https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/smart-rss/eggggihfcaabljfpjiiaohloefmgejic?hl=en>

Fortunately the developer is quite responsive and really wants to help make Smart RSS more accessible on Github. So if you are interested, please visit the following page and chip in with your perspectives and
suggestions: https://github.com/SmartRSS/Smart-RSS/issues/132
<https://github.com/SmartRSS/Smart-RSS/issues/132>

Hope together we can find an accessible RSS solution for Windows 10/MS Edge Chromium/Google Chrome in order to get rid of Internet Explorer 11, once and for all!

Best,

Amir