Re: Helping to make an Edge/Chrome RSS reader accessible

Amir

David, I also gave Thunderbird's RSS-reading capabilities a try, and was disappointed. First, I have more than 100 feeds and oftentimes Thunderbird struggles when it wants to update my feeds. My 2019 Core-I7 machine with 16GB of RAM and an SSD hard drive also becomes painfully slow when articles are being fetched, and navigation among folders gets atrociously slow. Second, I've imported an OPML file containing my RSS feeds into Thunderbird. Some of the items there are folders, like NEWS, Technology and NPR, containing several RSS feeds. However, Thunderbird lumps all articles for an RSS folder into that folder and fails to place articles belonging to each feed under that feed name. So if a folder contains, say, 10 feeds, you'll see all of their articles, sorted without no particular order, under that folder which isn't useful at all, and I can't add each RSS feed manually given the time it requires.

Best,
Amir