Re: Helping to make an Edge/Chrome RSS reader accessible

Cristóbal

I mean… to each their own, but you know… web based email, online banking, online shopping, social media, a smartphone in one’s pocket with Bluetooth tracking  and on and on and on. Worrying about my RSS feed service wouldn’t exactly be my first concern as far as security and data sharing.

Besides, how often does one use a third party device that they need to log into and out of all the time? Personally, I think those particular concerns are overblown. It’s not like I’m going to be visiting a cousin and have to check my RSS feeds so urgently that I’d ask to borrow their PC real quick.

I don’t know what could be more simple or reachable than opening a webpage? Internet explorer is after all just another browser that you’d have to launch first anyway.

 I don’t know the exact details as far as the tear between free and paid since I choose to pay to support the service. It’s not like two bucks a month is going to break the bank. That and honestly, I’m as much on my phone as I am on my PCs so having the cross platform option with instant synchronicity is a major plus.  I believe The Old Reader has an even higher tear for 500 feeds plus, but I’m not even that hardcore of an RSS person.

Not saying a standalone program or solution isn’t an option, but again, being tied to just one machine and all the possibilities for something going wrong on that one device or program is something I’d not be inclined to choosing.

But again, personal preference and all that.

I do recall trying out other services like Feedly and Inoreader and while iOS access worked perfectly fine, the websites were horrible as far as screen reader accessibility. Things could have changed since then, but this is my recollection when trying them out.

Cristóbal