Re: Object Navigation - Where and How Do You Use It?

Jackie

Hey Brian, I just came across this & thought it might help illustrate
the usefulness of object nav.

Right now, I'm struggling w/integrating Amazon S3 storage w/WordPress.
I found a book I thought might be able to help at:
https://www.manning.com/books/amazon-web-services-in-action-second-edition?a_bid=387245ad&a_aid=mwittig#toc

After the link that says "Click the table of contents to start
reading." you'll notice that there are links that do not announce
their contents. Now, I realize that you can see, so all you'd need to
do is to look, but, since most of us don't have that luxury, & since
NVDA isn't reading these by default, I use the Move to first contained
object key (NVDA+numpad2 or NVDA shift down arrow) to read the link's
url, which tells me the links represent the authors' social media
channels. Those are relatively unimportant, but this can help a great
deal as well w/other links that aren't announced. Hopefully w/this
concrete example, you can see how object nav is useful for NVDA users.

Please note that this posting in no way represents that I am endorsing
this or any other product, or that I have any financial interests in
same (which I don't).

On 8/7/20, Chris Mullins <cjmullins29@...> wrote:
Hi Brian
I understand you are using Object navigation in this case to gain knowledge
of how to use it but I thought I would make you aware of the Virtual Review
add-on. With Virtual Review installed, pressing NVDA+Ctrl+w when the About
window is in focus, will open a temporary textual window containing the
information from the About window you can’t access in situe using the
keyboard. You can arrow around the virtual review window to read the info
then press escape to dismiss it and return focus back to the About window
itself.

Cheers
Chris

from the In