Re: Object Navigation - Where and How Do You Use It?

Gene

My experience is that I can't necessarily predict where it will be useful, that sometimes screen review is better and that sometimes object navigation is better. If one doesn't work, I try the other but I don't necessarily have an opinion at the outset.

From: Brian Vogel
Sent: Sunday, August 09, 2020 2:00 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Object Navigation - Where and How Do You Use It?

Jackie (and many others, since I last posted),

Thank you very much for concrete examples of where, and how, you are using Object Navigation. It's so much easier to formulate an educated guess of where it might be helpful/appropriate when you encounter a situation if you've seen other situations where it was.
In the 3.x version of Pontes Media Downloader, I get no information using screen review. But if I move through objects, moving right or left with numpad insert 6 and right arrow or numpad 4 using left arrow, I can move through all sorts of fields. I generally don't move in this way through the program because usually the only thing I want to see is the status line, I can move there using control s and then I can read the field if I want to repeat it with num;pad 8 for read current line of the current object. But its an example.

Jackie (and many others, since I last posted),

Thank you very much for concrete examples of where, and how, you are using Object Navigation. It's so much easier to formulate an educated guess of where it might be helpful/appropriate when you encounter a situation if you've seen other situations where it was.

~ Oscar Wilde