Speech Dictionaries: Changing How Superscripted Tex Is Read

Bhavya shah

Dear all,

In reading mathematic content, I am not a fan of NVDA, with reporting
of subscripts and superscripts enabled, reading something like
area=pi*r superscript 2 baseline as opposed to just area=pi*r raised
to 2 or area=pi*r square. Superscript and baseline are large words
themselves and make it difficult to catch the number squeezed in
between but which is the exponent I actually care about. Is there some
way of using regular expressions in NVDA's speech dictionaries to make
all superscripted text to be read not as superscript {text} baseline
but as raised to {text} power? For now, since the words superscript
and baseline are not too common, I am considering just making
corresponding replacements for them in the Speech Dictionaries.
However, if there is a better method, I would love to know.

I would truly appreciate any assistance in this matter.

Thanks.

--
Best Regards
Bhavya Shah