Re: Issues with Edge Chromium: is Google Chrome still a more viable option?

CARLOS-ESTEBAN <carlosestebanpianista@...>

Hello.

About the notifications, you can create a configuration profile with NVDA+control+P in the Microsoft Edge Window. In this configuration profile, disable report notifications and this option only go to work if you is in Edge. In other Windows, NVDA read the notifications.

regards.

El 10/8/2020 a las 5:46, Greg Wocher escribió:
Hello,
Try using Control Plus L to move to the address bar. It is what I use and it works every time.

Greg Wocher

On Aug 10, 2020, at 5:52 AM, Amir <mobilespace08@...> wrote:

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your reply.
It's quite strange because I'm not moved to the App Bar/Address Bar upon pressing Control+T quite often. Even if I press Control+T, attempting to force the cursor to move to the App Bar with ALT+D fails quite often, and the cursor will remain on an HTML area belonging to the new tab page. I have none of these issues in Google Chrome, and wish Edge would allow us to use a blank page for its new tabs.
As for Favorites, I don't have Dropbox installed as I don't use it. The equivalent of the Bookmarks submenu in Google Chrome is Favorites in Edge, accessible via ALT+F+O followed by Enter, but it doesn't allow first-letter navigation for some of the letters as they activate some functions -- like A for Add this page to Favorites.

Best,
Amir

--

Carlos Esteban Martínez Macías.

Músico (pianista) y también ayuda a usuarios ciegos con el uso de lectores de pantalla y tecnología.

Musicien (pianist) and also help to the blind people in the use of screen readers and technology. Certified expert in the screen reader NVDA.