Re: Issues with Edge Chromium: is Google Chrome still a more viable option?

On Mon, Aug 10, 2020 at 11:41 AM, Amir wrote:
So I'd rather test newer releases of both in the future instead of going through the Windows fix.
-
Amir, I'm not going to belabor the point beyond this post, but you do not know, and cannot know, where the issue lies.  Edge. like so much that comes with Windows 10, could be having an issue with a DLL that it needs to access.  The next version could still have that issue.  There exists a methodical approach which needs to be taken when this sort of issue occurs if you want to be as certain as you can be that all bases have been covered.

When peculiarities are noticed in any normal Windows functions in applications supplied by Windows, it is always worth doing the simple things, and what I suggested was simple, first.  It's something you can kick off, ignore while it's running, and check in on later.

For you, and others, I will repost the link to my "standard repair procedures" that one uses when oddities occur, and where you start will vary depending on the oddity itself:

Britechguy’s Standard Advice Regarding Windows 10 Issues and Their Repair

Whether you choose to read them or use them is entirely up to you.

          ~ Oscar Wilde