More help: Selecting text with the caret without losing selection

Jonathan Milam

Hi All,

To revisit this issue, what I am needing to do is to use the System Caret
and be able to select text using the caret itself. With this application,
whenever I select text with caret browsing on in Firefox, I am supposed to
be able to find and select a button called "annotate" that appears when text
is selected. However, when I select text, and use the caret desktop
shortcut key NVDA+Shift+UpArrow, NVDA tells me that the text is selected,
however, if I move away from the selection to search for the button that
should appear, the selection is lost in browse mode. I am not getting any
feedback when in Focus mode. How can I select text with the caret and then
search for the annotate button without losing my selection while in browse
mode? Is that possible?

Originally, I thought object navigation would work here, but Object
navigation isn't actually using the caret when selecting text.

Thanks,
Jonathan