Thunderbird quick key folder nav extension

Don H

Running Win 10 version 2004, NVDA 2020.2 and Thunderbird 68.11.0 32 bit.

The Quick key folder navigation extension is not working consistently.  For example sometimes when i hit the letter i key it will take me to the in box folders and other times it does nothing.  Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the extension and it did not fix the issue.  Anyone else seeing this problem?  I know that the quick key folder navigation extension does not work with Thunderbird version 78 but thought it still worked with veersion 68.