Re: problem with search edit box in folders

JM Casey

I've had to press enter for a while now. Not sure when it started but maybe an update or so ago for me (and I'm still on 1909). But alt-tab? That is strange. You mean there is a separate window coming up? Or are results not showing up until you return to your initial file explorer window..maybe not being recognised by nVDA?

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of seb naudet
Sent: August 11, 2020 6:27 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] problem with search edit box in folders

Hello list,

i've recently updated my windows 10 pro (64-bit) Version 2004 (10.0.19041)

and last NVDA available.

when i search for a file in a folder i now have to press enter after typing the name, and alt tab to see the result of my search.

quite complicate compared with previous version of windows.

any idea to simplify access to search results?

thank you