enter, nothing then alt tab and the list is correctly displaied.

i haven't tried to modify windows settings as suggested in another message.

thank you

Le 12/08/2020 à 17:58, Joseph Lee a écrit :
Hi,
This confirms what I thought was happening. This is a change in Windows (since Version 1909) and it is here to stay. To access search results, you must use down arrow key. But before you do that, try installing Windows 10 App Essentials add-on and see if that makes a difference (I yes, this is another justification for me to do something about it).
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of seb naudet
Sent: Wednesday, August 12, 2020 3:38 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] problem with search edit box in folders

Hello Joseph,

yes it says searchui is loaded andsearchapp.exe is running.

is it a problem with NVDA or something i have to modify in windows?

thank you

Le 12/08/2020 à 00:44, Joseph Lee a écrit :
Hi,
I think I know why this is happening. But just to verify, from File Explorer, press Control+E to focus to search field. Wait about ten seconds then press Control+NVDA+F1. If it says "searchui" or "searchapp", then yes, this is Windows Search interface, not File Explorer. I look forward to a day when I can sleep better at nights knowing that folks don't have to install Windows 10 App Essentials add-on to use many features.
Cheers,
Joseph