Re: issues with quick nav of thunderbird and NVDA

Gene

It should be noted that when you get to version 78.x, which isn't available through the program update yet, but its coming at some point, that the quick navigation add-on will no longer work, nor will the other add-on that adds functionality. I might be able to find out its name. Its something like Mozilla enhancements. I've said before that if people only use Thunderbird for e-mail, I think updating is a bad idea. If you use other features, it might make sense to do so.

Also, the Lightning add-on is no longer used in 78.X. The calendar function is built into the program. I don't know if it can be disabled but those are changes people who just let the program update should be aware of. If it can't be disabled, that might be another reason for not letting the program update. These topics need more discussion.

From: Brian Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, August 12, 2020 12:00 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] issues with quick nav of thunderbird and NVDA

On Wed, Aug 12, 2020 at 08:50 AM, Dan Beaver wrote:
I took a look around and discovered that there had been an extension installed called Lightning.This was the Calendar/Schedule extension for Thunderbird, from way, way back. If you don't use that functionality, then removing it is a good idea.

I've had consistent behavior out of the Quick Folder Key Navigation extension for years now.

~ Oscar Wilde