Re: NVDA remote access and usage

Sarah k Alawami

I've actually used the nvdaremote.com server but I like the kn4crc.com server as well as for me it's a bit less laggy. But all the steps are right otherwise. I used this actually a few months ago to troubleshoot a sim problem a friend was having. Unfortunately this will not work when controlling a shadow machine. The person with the shadow will hear it but you as the controller won't.

On 12 Aug 2020, at 21:52, Robert Doc Wright godfearer wrote:

don, if you are going to be the controller do the following
1. open NVDA menu
2. press t for tools
3. press e to open the remote section
4. enter on connect
5. tab twice and type
   nvdaremote.com
  (you only need to do this step once)
6 tab and create a key then enter.

for the pc being controlled:
1. have the client do the first 4 steps
5. tab then arrow down to 'allow this machine to be controlled'
6. tab and have them type the same host name you typed
7. tab and have them type the key you created and enter

You will know that you are connected because you will hear a high pitched beep. press f11 to control their machine F11 also switches you back to your own machine.