Rather than try to use object navigation in a rather convoluted process, download and install the Mozilla Apps Enhancement add on from the NVDA add ons page.  The latest version will work with all versions of Thunderbird including version 78.

Here is the direct link to this add on page.
https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/mozillaScripts.en.html

On 8/16/2020 11:01 AM, Guy Schlosser wrote:

Begin forwarded message:

From: Guy Schlosser <guyster@...>
Date: August 16, 2020 at 10:33:03 AM EDT
To: nvda@...
Subject: Drag and drop with NVDA and Thunderbird
Hi all. I am trying to re-order my columns in Mozilla Thunderbird, and having some trouble. I listen to the tutorial that I found on groups.io, and I was unable to get my NVDA cursor to go up to the header where the columns are listed. Is there something different that I have to do? When I have NVDA in object navigation mode I use the NVDA key plus number four and I cannot seem to get the NVDA cursor  the top of the message list. Any help would be welcome. Is this an update thing? I think I am running NVDA 2020.1 on this particular flash drive.
Thanks,
Guy

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.