Re: Protonmail

Sarah k Alawami

Straying a bit but just to point out the following. If I'm a company looking for ways to sell my product, I can in theory mine the data from your list emails and know what you like, what you don't like, and suggest products to you that you didn't even know you wanted. This is called data mining, and every single big company does this. Ok, hopping off of my soap box now.

On 16 Aug 2020, at 13:14, Gene wrote:

Unless someone is sending personal or confidential information, they may not care.  I don't think any possible sbnooper is going to be interested in reading my mail, which mostly is e-mail list mail.

Gene

On 8/16/2020 2:57 PM, Jesse Farquharson wrote:

THat's where you're wrong, though. Google is absolutely not secure. They claim they are, but until they use end to end encryption on e-mails and Google searches and other such things, it's all a lie.

Luke, if you're reading this, regarding your point about getting the mailbox configuration thing to show up, yes, you do have to select expand row for that to work. I am trying the process on my new machine and so far your steps are working for me.