Re: Interacting with mouse over links using NVDA?

benmoxey@...

Hi Sarah

It’s worth a try on websites where you encounter these situations. Results will vary, but it might get you out of trouble. Of course, I always recommend providing respectful feedback regarding accessibility issues to the developer to try and get them resolved.

Cheers

Ben

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Sent: Tuesday, 18 August 2020 3:47 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Interacting with mouse over links using NVDA?

Will this work wherein I have to hover over buttons and stuff to get actions to show up? I can hardly get this to work at all at mee6.xyz. By the way you must be logged in in order to see what I'm talking about but you can delete actions , messages etc by hovering over items. A menu will then show up.

--

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

Check out my adventures with a shadow machine.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on twitch. Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 16 Aug 2020, at 13:58, benmoxey@... wrote:

Hey Akash

1. Move your focus to the position of the element that has the mouse over actions.
2. Move the mouse pointer to that position with NVDA + / on the number pad (desktop mode) or NVDA + Shift + M (laptop mode).

This should display mouse over actions. Note that I am assuming that the navigator object is set to follow focus changes, which is the default behaviour. You can clarify this if necessary in the Review Cursor settings or toggle this behaviour on or off with NVDA + 7.

All the best.

Ben

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Akash Kakkar
Sent: Monday, 17 August 2020 3:23 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Interacting with mouse over links using NVDA?

Hey guys,
so subject line says all this.
How do we interact with mouse over links/controls using NVDA?
In JAWS, we use to press "insert+control+enter" which doesn't work in case of NVDA.
any help/pointers please?

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.