Re: Skype

Jackie

Have yall tried ensuring Skype is maximized?

On 8/18/20, Damien Garwood <@daygar> wrote:
Hi David,
That's useful to know.
To be fair, I never thought of exiting the menus straight away! That's
much quicker than my current workaround. Typical of me to
overcomplicate/overthink things. Thanks for that.
Cheers,
Damien.

On 18/08/2020 10:03 pm, David Csercsics wrote:
Yes, I think this is a Skype bug, because my friend who uses JAWS
noticed the same issue. The only way for it to get focus is to press the
alt key twice to enter and exit the menus, or do something else that
works with the menus. This is obviously bad programming somewhere but I
don't think it's NVDA's fault since it is broken with at least one other
screen reader that uses a different model for interacting with Windows
than NVDA does. I never thought to try with narrator, but I expect the
same result as with NVDA. Maybe we'll have to look at it and see what's
going on visually.