Re: I greet thee with a bug report

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

Try the following first it is found under the tools then the menu you want is called Run COM Registration Fixing tool...

Then follow the directions.

If you do not know how many times to get to those menus do the following if not spoken out.

nvda key + letter N to bring up the preferences menu then arrow down2 times this will put you on the tools menu there is a sub menuthen use the right arrow key to open the sub menu then arrow down 7 times this will put you on the com registration menu then press the enter key..

hopefully that fixes the problem for you. You might have to also reboot the pc for it to come right.

Gene nz

On 21/08/2020 9:46 am, Brandon Cole wrote:

Greetings,

I come seeking assistance with an NVDA bug that has recently sprung up. For some reason, NVDA will no longer read any of its own dialogs. The NVDA menu, the quit NVDA dialog, and so on. Furthermore, these dialogs no longer seem to have titles at all, let alone much content in them. Running NVDA whilst also running Jaws just to be sure showed me this. When bringing up the NVDA menu, NVDA said nothing at all, but even Jaws only said “submenu, submenu, submenu” as I browsed through the items. What’s more, anything that had an associated hot key didn’t seem to have one. Instead of saying Alt Plus T or Alt Plus B for example, what I heard was “Alt Plus…” And then simply nothing. I even uninstalled NVDA and reinstalled it, only to discover the issue persisted even during the reinstallation. It is a very disconcerting bug, and I am desperately hoping someone else has heard of this before. Thanks for any help you can provide. One final note for whatever it’s worth, this bug only seems to affect NVDA. Jaws is just fine.

Thanks all!