If anyone replicates this, ideally with the log set to debug level, I'd be interested in your nvda-old.log file (the one from when NVDA didn't shut down properly).

If it's something in NVDA itself, then we definitely want to address it.  If it's something in an add-on then we can let the author know as well.

Quentin.

On Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 8:47 AM Jim Pipczak <jim.pipczak@...> wrote:
Hi,

Try using tskill to remove NVDA out of memory to see if it works.

Press Windows r to get the run dialogue box and then type, tskill NVDA and press the enter key.

Thanks,
Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don H
Sent: Friday, 21 August 2020 7:22 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] multiple instances of NVDA

It seems that if you close NVDA or restart it you will get multiple instances of NVDA in the system tray.  Right now I have four NVDA listings in my system tray.

Jim Pipczak
Access Technology Service Development Lead
Client Services
Vision Australia
14 & 17 Barrett Street Kensington VIC 3031

M: +614 3375 7598 T: +613 8378 1243 (I: 344243)
E: Jim.Pipczak@...
www.visionaustralia.org

Vision Australia is committed to supporting the blind and low vision community through COVID-19. Find out about our response and free support resources online at www.visionaustralia.org/COVID19.

[Vision Australia. Blindness. Low Vision.  Opportunity. - logo]

[Vision Australia. Winner of the Australian HR Award for Best Workplace Diversity and Inclusion Program. - logo]

Vision Australia acknowledges Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We have an inclusive culture and value diversity and all abilities.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager