Re: I greet thee with a bug report

Brandon Cole <Superblindman01@...>

Holy cow, this worked! The language was set to NE! Of all the silly little… Hahaha, thanks very much!

That said, I also want to report that I ran the SFC scan, and it actually did find and fix some corrupted files, so thanks for that. I will keep that one in my troubleshooting back pocket. I was just about to hop on and report that the SFC fix did not fix NVDA when I saw this new suggestion, tried it, and low and behold, it worked. Hahahahaha. Thanks again all!

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: Thursday, August 20, 2020 7:07 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] I greet thee with a bug report

Hi,

I think I know exactly what could have happened: if a system restart nor NVDA restart didn’t fix the problem and if this only affects NVDA interface, chances are that somehow NVDA’s interface language was set to a language you may not have heard of. To verify, either:

  1. Press Control+NVDA+R three times to see if NVDA starts speaking English. After that, restart NVDA, and configure NVDA to your liking again.
  2. With NVDA not running, open Run dialog (Windows+R) then type “%appdata%” without quotes, then open “nvda” folder. Locate a file named “nvda.ini” and look at what “language” line says. Change this line to “language = Windows”, making sure that tab character is preserved. Save the file and start NVDA.

Cheers,

Joseph