Re: multiple instances of NVDA

Quentin Christensen

Interesting, I regularly restart NVDA and I don't recall ever seeing it from that.  Do you have any add-ons?

On Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 4:35 PM Luke Davis <luke@...> wrote:
On Fri, 21 Aug 2020, Quentin Christensen wrote:

> This is generally caused by something closing NVDA unexpectedly, such as it crashing, or if you go to task manager and "End task" it.  I haven't seen it
> when restarting or updating add-ons.  I wonder if it is a particular add-on which is not letting NVDA shut down cleanly?
> If anyone replicates this, ideally with the log set to debug level, I'd be interested in your nvda-old.log file (the one from when NVDA didn't shut down
> properly).

I'll get you one, but I must say that I have rarely NOT had this happen when
doing an NVDA restart.
It is just the way of things.
Since it happens on all of my systems, I assumed it was an error with slave or
helper, and couldn't be avoided.

Luke

--
Quentin Christensen