toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
I’m experiencing the same since ages and since I can reproduce it I did following test scenario today.
These are the facts I discover all the time:
- After rebooting the PC, NVDA 2020.2 (and all earlier versions), starts up automatically, I have 1 NVDA icon in the systray
- Restarting NVDA, either by NVDA-Q – restart or by control-alt-N restarts NVDA
- Now I have 2 NVDA icons in the systray (always)
- Repeating step 2) doesn’t brin me more NVDA icons into the systray, it will stay with 2 NVDA icons
- Removing the shadow NVDA icon by pressing Windows-B, then hitting N until I come to the first NVDA icon, hitting enter on it, leaves me with just 1 NVDA icon in the systray
- Repeating step 2) doesn’t bring a second NVDA icon anymore, either with or without addons enabled
- Rebooting the PC brings me to the beginning where I can get a second NVDA icon in the systray by performing step 2)
Again, it is always the same, with or without addons enabled.
From: firstname.lastname@example.org <email@example.com> On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Freitag, 21. August 2020 10:40
Subject: Re: [nvda] multiple instances of NVDA
Haha, that's always the way :)
I was going to say, if you had a way of reliably reproducing it, you could try disabling add-ons, then do that and see if it happens again - but if it doesn't happen all the time that makes it harder to track down.
On Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 6:32 PM Luke Davis <luke@...> wrote:
On Fri, 21 Aug 2020, Quentin Christensen wrote:
> Interesting, I regularly restart NVDA and I don't recall ever seeing it from that. Do you have any add-ons?
Several. Nothing particularly unusual though.
W10 App Essentials, Add-on Updater, Speech History, Bluetooth Audio, Add-on
Documentation, Remote, Classic Selection, debugHelper, Dropbox, Easy Table Nav,
Mozilla Apps Enhancements, Notepad++, Outlook Extended, Object Detection, Synth
Ring Settings Selector, Virtual Review.
Also, while I run into this literally a few times per week, I have been unable
to repro it on latest alpha yet. Of course, now that I said it happens all the
time, it isn't happening today.
Hopefully someone else will come up with a log.
Training and Support Manager