Re: NVDA Menu

Jacob Kruger

If you have a windows key, then windows key + B to focus on system tray/notifications bar, and, then look for the NVDA icon there - if it's not showing, you might need to first shift + tab to something liketask view button, and invoke context menu - shift + f10 if no context menu key on keyboard, and, find the item to let you choose which icons appear in system tray. Either way, hitting enter on the system tray icon for NVDA will invoke it's popup menu.

Else, ctrl + escape should invoke start menu, and then hitting escape should close it, but, hopefully leave focus on start button, so you can always tab over to task view button or system tray from there.

HTH

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

On 2020-08-21 01:54 PM, Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES) via groups.io wrote:

Hi friends,

I Have installed NVDA on a machine which has a bluetooth keyboard and I can’t find the insert key, not sure if it has one, it is the Apple style layout.

I Need to bring up the NVDA menu to go in to the options and change the keyboard layout to be laptop but I can’t perform an instert+n, does anyone know of another way to bring up the NVDA menu please?