Re: Bug with Windows 10 Clipboard History

Kara Goldfinch

Hi Tony,

Here you go,

1. In settings>System>Clipboard, enable the option 'Save multiple items to the clipboard to use later. Press the Windows logo key + V to view your clipboard history and paste from it.'

2. Open Notepad as an example.

3. Type a couple of lines of text, cutting or copying them to the clipboard.

4. Press Win+v, and use up or down arrow to highlight the one you want to paste and press enter."

5. Notice what happens.

Something else I just noticed:

If the window's minimised, you may get an error message about objects.

Kara

On 21/08/2020 16:51, Tony Malykh wrote:

Hi Kara,

Could you write down exact steps to reproduce this? What is clipboard history?

I am experiencing sticky Control key often, but I don't have a reliable way to reproduce this. If I have one, I might investigate this myself.

--Tony

On 8/21/2020 7:17 AM, Kara Goldfinch wrote:

Hi everyone.

I believe this might have been mentioned before, but sometimes when pasting text using the clipboard history menu, either the control key will stick, or it'll just insert the letter v.

It only happens with NVDA. I don't have either of these issues with Narrator.

I have tested this with all add-ons disabled with the same result.

I'm running Windows 10 Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.450) and NVDA version 2020.2. The same happens with the current NVDA alpha, which at time of writing is version alpha-20763,1ef4dfb0.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks in advance,

Kara