Re: Windows OneCore voices don't appear correctly in the list of synthesizers

Jackie

Louise, did you perchance look for "windows OneCore voices? That's how
it's referenced in my settings. It's just above the no speech synth,
at least in my list.

On 8/21/20, Roger Stewart <paganus2@...> wrote:
I can't duplicate this here. One Core voices are in the list of synths
in NVDA. Using latest NVDA stable and latest Win 10 2004.
Roger

On 8/21/2020 4:10 PM, Louise Pfau wrote:
Hi.  I believe I may have accidentally discovered a discrepancy in the
“Select a synthesizer” dialog with regard to the “Windows OneCore”
voices.  They don’t appear in the list, even though they are the
default synthesizer for Windows 10.  I hadn’t intended to change the
synthesizer, but I triggerd the command.  I was able to replicate the
problem by uninstalling then reinstalling NVDA.  I’m running the most
recent versions of both NVDA and Windows 10.  I’ve just joined the
group, and it’s not in my list of groups in the main groups.io
interface yet, so I can’t check the archive to see if this question
has already been posted.
Thanks,
Louise