Re: NVDA Menu

Luke Davis

On Fri, 21 Aug 2020, Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES) via groups.io wrote:

I Have installed NVDA on a machine which has a bluetooth keyboard and I can’t find the insert key, not sure if it has one, it is the Apple style layout.
While there are ways to simulate the real insert key on a Mac style keyboard (such as FN+i, FN+enter), there is no actual insert key unfortunately.

When you install NVDA, there is a welcome dialog that comes up. In it, one of the options is a checkbox for using the capslock key as a modifier. If you reinstall NVDA, make sure you check that box.

I Need to bring up the NVDA menu to go in to the options and change the keyboard layout to be laptop but I can’t perform an instert+n, does anyone know of
another way to bring up the NVDA menu please?
As several people suggested: if you go to the NVDA icon in the notification area, and press enter on it, you will get the NVDA menu. After that, pressing p, s, k, and tabbing a few times, should get you to the option you want.

Have you tried that?

Luke