From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Cristóbal
Sent: Sunday, August 23, 2020 2:52 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Issue with Outlook shortcut commands and NVDA compatibility

Hello list,

I’m mainly a Jaws user, but time to time, I use NVDA for the odd task or if Jaws is giving me problems or whatever.

I’m also a heavy Outlook user (V 2016). I’m noticing an issue with certain keystroke commands that appear to conflict with NVDA and Outlook and was wondering if it’s just me or if it really is an issue for others.

For example, alt+I while in a calendar will take you to the location field where you can enter in address location of the appointment. Alt+U takes you to the subject field be it in a calendar appointment or message. Alt+` (grov) takes you to the message field/notes section. Alt+1 or 2 or 3 etc. takes you to the various header fields like from, to, cc, bcc, subject… These all work fine with Jaws and to the best of my knowledge, are not screen reader specific commands, but rather Outlook’s.

These commands don’t appear to work with NVDA however. They seem to invoke some mouse commands or just don’t work period.

I use Outlook all day for my business which is very email and calendar-centric.  So, being able to use shortcuts like these are a huge time saver and really essential for how I work.

Am I perhaps missing something or is this really an NVDA compatibility issue?

Thanks,

Cristóbal