From: Cristóbal
Sent: Sunday, August 23, 2020 10:02 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Issue with Outlook shortcut commands and NVDA compatibility

Ok. So I first checked the add-ons I did have installed and low-and-behold, they were all incompatible with this version of NVDA (most current version). I went ahead and uninstalled them and did a restart of NVDA.

Now, running NVDA wit no add-ons installed, it appears that I can now do the alt+I and alt+U to get to the location and subject fields in both the calendar and messages of Outlook, but the alt+` (grauv) to jump to either message body or notes section in either the calendar or contact entry etc. still doesn’t work anywhere. Same goes for the Alt+1 through 6 on the top number row. Alt+7 invokes some weird mouse command

I mean, I’m not being hyperbolic when I say I send countless emails a day and am always in the calendar checking this, doing that, creating etc. so for me and my workflow, this really is sort of a dealbreaker. Eliminating I don’t know how many tabs and shift tabs throughout the day for example is invaluable for my time and sanity with these keystrokes.

I’d like to use NVDA more in my business, but without this functionality, it would be tough.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Cristóbal