From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Montag, 24. August 2020 07:04
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] multiple instances of NVDA

Ralf,

I just tried and when I press CONTROL+ALT+N, the copy of NVDA which started automatically on login exits cleanly and the new copy starts.  What version of NVDA and Windows are you using though?

I am using Windows 10 (64-bit) Version: 1903 Build 18362

Running NVDA version: alpha-20763,1ef4dfb0

That's probably not the most usual combination though (My Windows 10 keeps hitting an error updating and I haven't taken the time to reformat it).  So if you're using a different version of Windows and / or NVDA your mileage might vary.  If anyone else tries this, please do share your version of Windows and NVDA and whether NVDA restarts cleanly or leaves an icon in the notification area.

Quentin.

On Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 9:09 PM Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

I should have added that I am using Windows 7 and using NVDA as a portable
program, and that may or may not make a difference.