Re: Windows OneCore voices don't appear correctly in the list of synthesizers

Louise Pfau

Hi.  I am not currently using any add-ons.  I shut down my desktop computer every night.  No synthesizer is showing as chosen when I activate the "Select a synthesizer" dialog.  When I uninstalled then reinstalled NVDA, the default synthesizer was "ESpeak-NG".  I was able at that point to switch to the "Windows OneCore voices" through the "Select a synthesizer" dialog, although the "Windows OneCore voices" haven't shown up since.  I haven't tried to change synthesizers again since I have the settings I like.  The "Windows OneCore Voices" and "SAPI 5" synthesizers do sound identical.

Louise