Re: Windows OneCore voices don't appear correctly in the list of synthesizers

Hi,

If you sent me the log, I didn’t get it yet.

As for the immediate issue at hand: based on Windows version as reported by Python, it appears one of two things happened:

1. NVDA is somehow told to run in Windows 8 compatibility mode (to check, go to Desktop, select but do not press Enter on NVDA icon, press Alt+Enter, then go to Compatibility tab and see if any checkboxes are checked).
  2. Windows compatibility manifest info for NVDA has somehow become corrupt. NVDA gets compatibility manifest values from Python in recent NVDA releases, which controls which version of Windows compatibility shims (compatibility layer code) Python (and in extension, NVDA) will run under. This will require a “thorough” reinstall – not only removing NVDA and all its files and traces from the system, it will also require removing user settings altogether.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Louise Pfau
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2020 1:08 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows OneCore voices don't appear correctly in the list of synthesizers

Hi.  The information in the log is very similar, except the windows version is listed as "Windows Version 6.2.9200 work station".  I've sent the complete log to Joseph as well.

Louise

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.