Re: NVDA read-to-end

Gene

I've seen something like three posts complaining about read to end stopping before it should. I don't recall how you want logs sent, but maybe a log from when this happens would show something. On some web pages, read to end stops two or three times when I'm reading an article. That is one reason why I use an old, very old version, since I'm using Windows 7 and this old version meets almost all my needs, and it doesn't happen with that version.

Since I've only seen something like three messages saying that a user has this happen, it may not be a common bug, but maybe this discussion will help us know.

From: George McCoy
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2020 7:18 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA read-to-end

It happens to me with Notetab++ and the 1-core synthesizers. Trouble is, it's intermitent. I can't determine what causes it to start and stop happening. It's the worst kind of bug because it's hard to duplicate.

George

Are you using NVDA in desktop keyboard layout or laptop keyboard layout? NVDA+down arrow is the Desktop layout keystroke to read to end. NVDA+a is the laptop keyboard layout shortcut.

To make it a bit more confusing, NVDA+down arrow, in laptop keyboard layout, moves the review cursor to the next line, so if you are in laptop layout and press that keystroke, it will seem like you've entered the read to end command and NVDA is simply reading the next line down and then stopping.

If you are definitely in desktop keyboard layout and NVDA is stopping partway through a paragraph, could you please give a bit more information about the exact program you are in or where it does and does not work?

Kind regards

Quentin.
Quentin.

On Sun, Aug 23, 2020 at 4:27 AM Hettie <woehler.hettie@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all

Sorry, I didn't pay attention when this topic was discussed in earlier posts as I haven't come accross that problem then.

Now however I do experience nvda reading to the end of the paragraph when pressing the nvda + down-arrow keys. Unfortunately I haven't seen a post with the solution. Can you please help ?

Thanks.

Hettie

On 2020/08/21 2:25 pm, Ralf Kefferpuetz wrote:

Hello,

Go to the NVDA icon in the systray by pressing Windows-B (on your Mac keyboard Option-B), hit the letter N until you come to NVDA and press Enter

Cheers,

Ralf