From: Quentin Christensen
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2020 11:47 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA read-to-end

FIrstly Leslie,

No, we haven't changed anything from our end, you should be able to press NVDA+A (Laptop keyboard layout) or NVDA+down arrow (desktop keyboard layout) to say all, in a document, a web page or an email.

Now as for what is happening, as Gene mentioned, a log would help, ideally at Debug level, and ideally with add-ons disabled (do you have any add-ons?)

Looking through our issues I found: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/10852 about say all in Firefox or Wordpad which was resolved by the user running the COM registration fixing tool. To do that, press NVDA+N, then press T for tools, then down arrow to "Run COM registration fixing tool" and press ENTER.

There are a handful of other closed issues which were either from using broken add-ons, or illegal ones, or other things which have been fixed and merged in NVDA 2019.3 and earlier.

One which is still open is https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/4119 which is an issue in Libre Office at least. Last time I looked at this issue, the workaround I found which resolved it, was when you open a document in Libre Office, press CONTROL+END to jump to the very bottom of the document, then CONTROL+HOME to come back to the top, then say all should work.

I just tested and it looks like that issue is still present in Libre Office 6.3.0.4 using the latest NVDA alpha. That isn't isn't in WordPad to my knowledge however. As far as I know, that is caused by a bug in Libre Office and has pretty much always been there.

I just update to Libre Office 7.0.0 and it still behaves the same.

Quentin.

On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 1:31 PM Leslie <soundsofmusic@san.rr.com> wrote:

Unless I press NVDA plus A I can never read a full email. This just started with the newest update. If I want to skip down through a long message I need to press control plus down arrow. If I don’t press those keys, I can’t keep moving through the email. I thought something I did to my computer did this until someone else in the class I’m taking had the same problem and we both have NVDA. Is this a bug or is this the way you want as a new NVDA. Thing? I couldn’t find it in the commands.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager