Re: Capslock as modifier

Quentin Christensen

It should still beep when typing a lowercase letter with caps lock on - so if you have double pressed the caps lock key and caps lock is on.  If you then press SHIFT and type a letter (which will come out lowercase) NVDA will beep.

In NVDA'S speech settings there is an option "Beep for capitals".  With that on whenever you arrow to a capital or type a capital letter, NVDA will beep, however it only does this when reading the letter, so it only reads when typing, if speak typed characters is enabled.

Quentin.

On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 10:54 AM Janet Brandly <jbrandly@...> wrote:

To add to my last note, although I have the box checked in the keyboard settings to let me know if capital keys are being typed when I want lower case, that’s not working. I’ve got it set to say words as I type them, so perhaps that is the problem? I really don’t need to hear each character.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager