Joseph Lee's add-ons: version 20.09 to be released tonight (August 27), suspending add-on development for a while (again) #addonrelease

Hi all,

Originally I planned to release version 20.09 of various add-ons next week. However in order to spend more time studying and to better process recent tragedies in United States and elsewhere (shootings, floods, COVID-19 updates), I’ll be releasing these updates tonight (August 27th to be exact). The new updates include:

  • Add-on Updater: effective with this update, there will be no more update checks for Image Describer add-on.
  • Control Usage Assistant: localization updates.
  • Enhanced Touch Gestures: coordinate announcement beep and temporary touch passthrough features are gone.
  • GoldWave: localization updates.
  • Object Location Tones: see an earlier message.
  • Resource Monitor: system uptime will be announced as x days, x hours, x minutes, x seconds.
  • StationPlaylist: mandatory update, start of next long-term support period (until April 2021), various changes for encoders support, table navigation commands are now available from places in Studio other than playlist viewer.
  • Windows 10 App Essentials: the workaround in place for Version 20H2 is gone as Microsoft released a fix.

As always, these updates can be found via Add-on Updater and from community add-ons website.

Note: development snapshots for StationPlaylist and Windows 10 App Essentials will be suspended effective tonight until further notice.

Another reminder: we are indeed living in an unpredictable moment. I therefore urge you all to keep yourself and others safe and healthy. For people impacted by recent tragedies and short-term events to come, we are here for you.

Cheers,

Joseph