From: Chris Mullins
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2020 4:54 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Capslock as modifier

Hi

My settings are: synth set to beep if capital letter, speak typed characters off, speak typed words on.

This does not beep when typing CAPITAL LETTERS, either with capslock on or when using shift with caps lock off. Using shift with caps lock on does produce a beep. In other words, the synthesizer setting that indicates capital letters only works when typing if Speak typed characters is on.

I'm using Windows 10 2004 and NVDA 2020.2

Cheers

Chris