Re: Capslock as modifier

Gene

Does that mean that the more limited one should be removed?

From: Quentin Christensen
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2020 5:19 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Capslock as modifier

Gene there are two settings mentioned in the thread, which initially sound similar, but work differently to each other:

In NVDA's keyboard settings there is an option "Beep if typing lowercase letters when caps lock is on". That option beeps when caps lock is on AND you then press SHIFT and type a letter (which will come out lowercase). That option works regardless of your keyboard echo settings.

In NVDA'S speech settings there is an option "Beep for capitals". With that on whenever you arrow to a capital letter or type a capital letter, NVDA will beep, however it only does this when reading the letter, so it only reads while typing if speak typed characters is enabled.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 9:29 PM Gene <gsasner@gmail.com> wrote:
I don't know if this varies when using different versions of Windows or for
some other reason.

gene