Re: Helping to make an Edge/Chrome RSS reader accessible

William Wong

does the oldreader has option to auto filter out post that contain certain keyword in its title?

Cristóbal 於 10/8/2020 2:32 寫道:

So, now I had to look it up. It looks like I was indeed grandfathered in at the $2 a month.

What will you get with The Old Reader Premium?
- Full-text search
- Faster feed refresh times
- Up to 500 Subscriptions
- 6 months of post storage
- Instapaper and Readability integration
- Early access to new features

What will it cost?
The Old Reader Premium will cost $3/month or $30/year. However, for the next 2 weeks (or up to 5,000 accounts) we’ll be offering the service for $2/month or $20/year and we will lock you into that price for a minimum of the next 2 years. This is our way of saying thanks to our existing users and hopefully getting the Premium service off to a great start.

This post was back in 2014 so I guess I’ve been saving that extra buck for the past four years or so… Yea me.

Again though, you don’t have to pay.

Do I have to upgrade?
No! 90% of our users can continue on for free just as they are today. However, users with more than 100 feeds will need to upgrade to premium. Otherwise, all functionality will remain available to free accounts. We also offer a 2 week trial period for the premium service and will even allow that trial period to get extended for those still interested in moving to Premium.

https://blog.theoldreader.com/post/76417559063/the-old-reader-premium

I’m sure there are other services out there that offer similar features with paid and free tears, so it’s not like these guys have some sort of special sauce or anything. This is simply the service I’ve found to cover most of my needs. I am a heavy RSS user with multiple devices that I may use throughout the day to keep up on the news.

The Old Reader’s even got keyboard commands similar to how Twitter.com and Reddit.com an a lot of other web based programs have. I don’t particularly make use of them, but they’re there if that’s your thing as well.

Cristóbal