Re: NVDA read-to-end

Robert Logue

I've done just this so many times till I finally realized the difference in layouts.  I have a laptop and a desktop and keep switching and forgetting keystrokes.

I need to be careful using nvda plus a to read to end while in thunderbird as a alone archives a message.

Bob

On 2020-08-24 10:54 p.m., Quentin Christensen wrote:
Are you using NVDA in desktop keyboard layout or laptop keyboard layout?  NVDA+down arrow is the Desktop layout keystroke to read to end.  NVDA+a is the laptop keyboard layout shortcut.

To make it a bit more confusing, NVDA+down arrow, in laptop keyboard layout, moves the review cursor to the next line, so if you are in laptop layout and press that keystroke, it will seem like you've entered the read to end command and NVDA is simply reading the next line down and then stopping.

If you are definitely in desktop keyboard layout and NVDA is stopping partway through a paragraph, could you please give a bit more information about the exact program you are in or where it does and does not work?

Kind regards

Quentin.
Quentin.

On Sun, Aug 23, 2020 at 4:27 AM Hettie <woehler.hettie@...> wrote:

Hi all

Sorry, I didn't pay attention when this topic was discussed in earlier posts as I haven't come accross that problem then.

Now however I do experience nvda reading to the end of the paragraph when pressing the nvda + down-arrow keys. Unfortunately I haven't seen a post with the solution. Can you please help ?

Thanks.

Hettie

On 2020/08/21 2:25 pm, Ralf Kefferpuetz wrote:

Hello,

Go to the NVDA icon in the systray by pressing Windows-B (on your Mac keyboard Option-B), hit the letter N until you come to NVDA and press Enter

Cheers,

  Ralf