Re: Determining what settings in group policy are causing NVDA to not pick up data from controols

Luke Davis

On Sun, 30 Aug 2020, Pranav Lal wrote:

I was trying to install mysql and found the installer to be inaccessible.
This was on my work laptop. I tried the installation on my home machine and
had no problems.

Many screens in the installer were being reported as "unknown" by NVDA.
Are there settings in windows group policy which would cause NVDA not to
see controls correctly?
I don't know the answer to that question.
However I do know, that some installers, when run as a non-admin user who then has to elevate using a password, do not work correctly.
I have found this, for example, with NotepadPlusPlus, among others.

The issue goes away if you install as an admin user.

Luke