Re: Determining what settings in group policy are causing NVDA to not pick up data from controols

Luke Davis

On Tue, 1 Sep 2020, Pranav Lal wrote:

Hi Luke,
<snip The issue goes away if you install as an admin user.
PL] HMM, I was running the installer with elevated privilege's and not as an
administrative user. You make a very interesting point. I wonder how to
determine whether the problem is NVDA or the installer?
I think I raised this issue on the addons or devel lists, I can't remember which, last year.

Somebody was able to point to what might be happening, but it didn't present any obvious way to solve the problem, other than to install using an admin account, or rewrite the Null-Soft installer.

Luke