Re: nvda doesn't speak first few characters of information

enes sarıbaş

I really think it would be benefitial though. Audio effects probably were not designed to be used or to  enhance screen reader use. Also, there only a handful of companies producing the intigrated audio chips, and discrete cards.

On 9/5/2020 11:40 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

This will require a close collaboration with sound card manufacturers and driver providers so an API set can be created to control this behavior.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of enes saribas
Sent: Saturday, September 5, 2020 9:30 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] nvda doesn't speak first few characters of information

Hello Joseph,

What I think would be extremely useful, is if microsoft added a screen reader flag or something that automatically would disable all enhancements for audio cards. Often I have read on many laptops that the control panels for disabling these aren't usually accessible. NVDA then could have an option to disable them when the screen reader is enabled.

On 9/5/2020 11:28 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

Specifically, this and some related fixes are going through testing phase at the moment.

Cheers,

Joseph