From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of enes saribas
Sent: Saturday, September 5, 2020 10:05 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] nvda doesn't speak first few characters of information

Hello Joseph,

This would also bring up the  obligation of developers to support obsolete software, such as win 7/8, and soon to be 8.1

On 9/5/2020 11:55 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

On one hand, a dedicated API to turn off enhancements may solve this issue (which to me is a symptom). But I would imagine people using older Windows releases or driver versions would ask NVDA developers to “backport” this for older releases (it’ll take a long thread to describe the process involved). There are other factors such as which enhancements are really on, synthesizer preferences, driver versions and such as it can become a sea of related (and possibly unrelated) discourse.

Cheers,

Joseph