From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Saturday, September 5, 2020 10:51 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] nvda doesn't speak first few characters of information

Perhaps the easiest solution, if sound card manufacturers would cooperate, would be to have one accessible command to turn all effects off. Of course, effects should be accessible, but this would solve the immediate problem and its simplicity might make it more likely that sound card manufacturers would implement it. By sound cards, I mean onboard sound cards, if that is the correct term.

Sighted people might like one command as well if one of the posts earlier in the thread applies to many sighted users.