Re: Explorer crashes and nvda

Brian's Mail list account BY <bglists@...>

Its set to zero at the moment as i'm hoping this may show something up but it does not. i have just hopefully changed to 7basic scheme as I'm told this does not use Aero, which is pointless if you can't see in any case.
I have the same issue on two different machines now.
I'm using Next snaps, but that seems to not be the issue either.
it happened the last time as I created a folder with shift/control n and typed in the name, I saw enter appear thereafter lots of weaerror and other error reporting filnames appear in the nvda log then a huge list of core frozen in stack watchdog errors. No error sound though.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, August 27, 2016 11:04 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Explorer crashes and nvda

I haven't come across issues like this, across both windows 7 32 bit, windows 7 64 bit, and now on windows 10, with NVDA, so, while not sure what could be causing hassles, don't think it is being caused by NVDA, and, in terms of NVDA not reading a dialogue, what is your UAC level set to?

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
"Resistance is futile, but, acceptance is versatile..."

On 2016-08-27 10:34 AM, Brian's Mail list account wrote:
I have noticed in Windows 7 and probably above that Explorer seems to just stop working. When this happens nvda is totally silent, one supposes due to there being no desktop or folders open. It does not even read the page about sending error reports it seems, just shuts up in mid word.
My first question is. Is this an nvda issue or just Windows being windows.
I have noted on various sites that Explorer can crash if multiple folders and software is all open at the same time, particularly if one of the Aero schemes are selected for the display.
However, it would be nice if somehow nvda could actually alert one to this sort of crash, which by pressing keys in a manic fashion I seemed to manage to get out of but quite how is a bit of a mystery.
I do have a very long log of this, but I'll only post it or a link to it if anyone is interested. I'm merely asking if the advice to use windows 7 basic scheme will fix it and whether its best to close folders which are open but no longer needed. I tend to set up all mchines to not open the folders in the same window as it makes it easier to cut and paste files that way.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.