Re: nvda doesn't speak first few characters of information

Hmmm I wouldn't agree with this.

For one thing the reason manufacturers add these enhancements in is so they can go cheap on the speakers.

On my aunt's new hp laptop, with enhancements speech sucks unless at full volume.

Without them the sound is so tinny and bad it sounds like someone with a cold.

With my workstation with enhancements things sound overdriven.

Without them, its fine, however a few remain active unless yyou revert back to the ms drivers.

With the ms drivers the sound is to powerfull for speakers.

I have got used to things, but not every laptop has 2 kilowatt speakers in it.

After this I switched back to my old toshiba and was quite happy I had brought this new workstation a couple years back sound is a big improvement.

As for the system control panels.

Sooner or later you will be using universal audio.

If the intel universal app is anything to go off, while bits still do not work the interfaces are web based.

With a lot of the control panels you can get buy with the mouse tracking and ocr.

At any rate none of this will happen.

On 6/09/2020 4:30 am, enes sarıbaş wrote:

Hello Joseph,

What I think would be extremely useful, is if microsoft added a screen reader flag or something that automatically would disable all enhancements for audio cards. Often I have read on many laptops that the control panels for disabling these aren't usually accessible. NVDA then could have an option to disable them when the screen reader is enabled.

On 9/5/2020 11:28 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

Specifically, this and some related fixes are going through testing phase at the moment.

Cheers,

Joseph