Re: OCR

Gene

I haven't tried Kurzweil for many years. If they are still updating the OCR in the program, it should be roughly equivalent, as I found it to be in the past. I don't know how you might intend to use the program but it isn't worth spending about 1,000 dollars unless you specifically intend to use features other than the OCR in Kurzweil. Its been a long time since I looked at price information for Omnipage and Fine Reader but they are much less expensive, being off the shelf programs and not having to amortize their development costs over a very small user base.

From: Bhavya shah
Sent: Saturday, September 05, 2020 5:48 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] OCR

Dear all,

I have mostly seen comments on Omnipage and Fine Reader so far. What
do you think about Kurzweil and how does its accuracy and feature set
compare with these? Thoughts appreciated.

Thanks.

On 9/5/20, Robert Logue <bobcat11@shaw.ca> wrote:
I was going to try Text Cloner Pro but the company seems to be closed.

Text Cloner Pro - Premier AT Home

Start downloading link takes me a log in page with no option to join.

Emailed support and they said they are permanently closed. Actually
said"Sorry we are pertinently closed Does pertinently mean temporary
due to Covid:?I attached their reply.

I'm on vacation so will try the support number I found in another message.

Text cloner support
1-888-514-9117

http://www.premierathome.com/products/TextClonerPro.php

I hope I can get it but I haven't even had a chance to try it. My
experience with ABBY in the past wasn't so good.

Bob

On 2020-01-08 4:43 p.m., Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io wrote:

i use abby